From Top Model to Role Model
The Real Beauty Is Truth
Chastity…Purity…Modesty — You might think that every woman would aspire to these virtues. Yet as we know, in today’s world, young women often use the messages they receive from the media and their peers to determine how they are going to model their lives.
It is during times exactly like these that they need someone they can relate to, someone who’s “walked in their shoes” to show them there’s another way.
Fortunately for young women today, one young woman found her way through all the lies the media told her about what a woman should be - and took the great models of womanhood—the saints in heaven—to heart. And she’s here to share her story.
From Top Model to Role Model, fashion model, and Catholic “revert” Leah Darrow offers her own story of sin and redemption as a case study that shows how damaging the current culture can be on women.
Launching her career as a cast member of the TV reality show "America’s Next Top Model", Leah plunged headfirst into the modeling business. She gives a behind the scenes look at the high-pressure world of high fashion in a way only someone who has “been there” can.
Today, recovering from that ordeal and having returned to the Catholic Church of her childhood, Leah speaks to young people, in particular young women, about the importance of maintaining their dignity and their relationship with God.
Using humor and heartfelt stories from her own life, Leah shares with young people the facts about:
- The false promises of Hollywood, high fashion, and celebrity culture,
- How modesty, purity, and true love are connected,
- Why it’s important to define your worth not by the world’s standards, but by God’s,
- The role that parents play as (sometimes) secret allies,
- How a person’s outward image reflects the interior state, and how prayer affects both,
- Why offering virginity outside of marriage as a sign of “true” love is a mistake,
- Why celebrating womanhood through fashion makes no sense, and why immodesty cheapens womanhood.
From "America’s Next Top Model" to Catholic speaker, Leah Darrow’s journey in faith has been a battle at times. Even in the years prior to her reality-TV fame, her Catholic Faith took a backseat role. That all changed during one special photo shoot in which God allowed her to see her soul in its current state. This extraordinary and supernatural grace gave her the courage to change every aspect of her life: her friends, her beliefs, her clothes, and her opinion of the world and herself.
For rentals, you have 30 days to complete the video and 7 days to finish once you start.