Jesus and the Jewish Roots of Mary
Unveiling the Mother of the Messiah
From best-selling author of Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist Dr. Brant Pitre comes this new book examining the Blessed Virgin Mary in a whole new way.
Using his in-depth knowledge of the Bible and ancient Judaism, Dr. Pitre uses his familiar voice to answer important questions about the Biblical understanding of Mary and the Church's teaching on her. This book will explore questions like:
- Are Catholic teachings on Mary really biblical? Or are they the "traditions of men"?
- Should she be called the "Mother of God," or just the mother of Jesus?
- Did she actually remain a virgin her whole life or do the "brothers of Jesus" refer to her other children?
- By praying to Mary, are Catholics worshipping her?
- And what does Mary have to do with the quest to understand Jesus?
InJesus and the Jewish Roots of Mary, Dr. Pitre takes readers step-by-step from the Garden of Eden to the Book of Revelation to reveal how deeply biblical Catholic beliefs about Mary really are. Dr. Pitre uses the Old Testament and Ancient Judaism to unlock how the Bible itself teaches that Mary is in fact the new Eve, the Mother of God, the Queen of Heaven and Earth, and the new Ark of the Covenant.
Publisher: Image Books
Author: Dr. Brant Pitre
Length: 240 pages
Weight: 0.50 lbs